About this website
Welcome to the new IndependenceMo.gov!
We are excited and proud to share the new and improved City of Independence website with you! For the past year, we have been working to build a new, user-friendly online experience based on data and feedback from people like you. Here’s what you can expect as you explore our new site:
- More prominent access to often-used information and services
- More intuitive paths to content and plain-language writing
- Better connections with our citizens and visitors in mind
- Better search tools to find the information you need
- A fully responsive design that works on all mobile devices
- Enhanced accessibility for users of all abilities
- State-of-the-art hosting by a firm that specializes in protecting municipal websites from cyberattacks
We undertook this project because our previous website was nearly 10 years old and was not meeting the changing needs of our community with images, videos, and events. This new site gives us the ability to correct those issues and provides a firm foundation to continue to create new features and enhancements.
The website design and development firm we partnered with, Interpersonal Frequency, works exclusively with public-sector clients. Their expertise and tools for gathering data helped ensure we were investing in the right solutions to real user needs.
You can use our online form to share your feedback, click here, or let us know if you spot a problem. We look forward to continually improving this platform with your help!