Independence Farmers Market
The Independence Farmers' Market offers the freshest produce, plants, jams, jellies and more in Independence. Come explore the selection or make a beeline for your favorite vendor. Either way, we'd love to see you at the Independence Farmers' Market.
The Independence Farmers' Market offers a wide selection of locally-grown meat and produce, homemade sweets and treats, and hand-made crafts, all of which have been grown or made within a 100-mile radius of Independence. As a growers-only market, produce and products that are shipped in or purchased at auction are not allowed.
Our location at the Independence Uptown Market allows the market to operate nearly year-round, with a May-through-October summer season and a December-through-April winter season. The Independence Uptown Market includes a covered, open-air pavilion and an indoor pavilion, with restrooms available for public use.
Cash, Debit and SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps accepted at Market
In an effort to broaden availability of fresh local food products to all, the Independence Farmers' Market accepts SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps and participates in the Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City program, giving residents with SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp dollars a chance to get double for their money.
- Can be used to buy
- Fruits and vegetables, seeds and plants for growing food, and all other USDA approved food items.
- Cannot be used to buy:
- Non- food items, ready to eat hot foods, Non-food producing plants, pet foods, vitamins or supplements.
Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City for SNAP
- SNAP dollars accepted here! Use your SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp dollars for fresh local produce at the Independence Farmers’ Market. Read on to see how you can even double your money!
- DOUBLE UP FOOD BUCKS tokens: Can be used to purchase fruits and vegetables only.
- A Market Money Matching Program The Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City program provides SNAP shoppers with a dollar-for-dollar match (up to $25 per week) to spend at the Independence Farmers’ Market. What this means is that for every SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp $1 you spend at the farmers’ market, you will receive $2 to purchase produce. By making dollars go farther, Double Up Food Bucks Kansas City encourages SNAP recipients to visit farmers markets, so they can enjoy fresh local food, support our region’s farmers, and get more for their money.
Additional Farmers Market Information
211 W Truman Rd
Independence, MO 64050
Saturdays: 8am - 1pm
May - October
Wednesdays: 8am - 1pm
June - August
First Saturday of the Month (December-April)
9:00 am-1:00 pm
Open rain or shine.
The Independence Uptown Market shall be entirely smoke-free and vapor-free campus. Smoking will be strictly prohibited. This policy applies to all employees, vendors and customers.
In order to comply with food safety regulations, no pets are allowed at the Independence Uptown Market property.