Outdoor Rental Facilities
Welcome to Independence Parks
The Parks and Recreation Department reminds everyone to observe all park rules and regulations. This allows for a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department for a full list of park rules or visit Chapter 13 - PARKS AND RECREATION | Code of Ordinances | Independence, MO | Municode Library
- City parks, shelter houses, playing fields and parking lots shall be open for use by the public from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Fires are only allowed in barbecue grills.
- The erection of any structure (tents, awnings, volleyball posts/nets, etc.) is prohibited unless a special use permit is obtained.
- Pets must be on a leash and under control.
- Pet owners pick up and properly dispose any and all fecal matter left by their pet.
- Pets are prohibited in playgrounds, pool areas, and in Community Centers.
- Solicitations are prohibited.
- Loitering in a park is prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited in all park areas.
- Bands, DJ's, amusement type rides, games, booths, and activities are prohibited unless specifically approved through the Special Event application process.
- Smoking of any substance is prohibited from all park areas with the exception of parking lots and other areas designated for such use.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all park areas.
- Vehicles are limited to areas that are designated for parking.