Public Utilities Advisory Board
The duties of this Board are to advise the City Council and City Manager on matters pertaining to the use, ownership, service, operation, or franchising of public utilities.
The City Council shall appoint seven members, each to four-year terms, to expire July 1. The Board meet on 3rd Thursday at 2:30 pm at the Utility Center, 17221 E. 23rd Street S., Independence, MO, Independence Conference Room #117, First Floor.
- Les Boatright (Chair), term expires July 1, 2025, Appointed by Councilmember Perkins
- Sheri Tindle (Vice-Chair), term expires July 1, 2025, Appointed by Councilmember Huff
- Anthony Giaramita, term expires July 1, 2026, Appointed by Councilmember Steinmeyer
- Steve McLuckie, term expires July 1, 2024, Appointed by Councilmember McCandless
- Michael Talcott, term expires July 1, 2026, Appointed by Councilmember Stewart
Watch Past Meetings
Click on the link below to watch the meeting.
- March 16, 2022 (audio only after 3:20)
- January 19, 2023 | New Generation
- December 15, 2022 | IPL Financial Model
- November 17, 2022 | Turbine Repair
- October 27, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- July 21, 2022
- April 21, 2022
- April 20, 2022 New Generation Town Hall
- March 17, 2022
- February 24, 2022 | Sewer Rate Overview | New Generation Overview
- January 20, 2022 | IPL Generation Plan