Human Relations Commission
The duties of the Commission are to foster mutual understanding and respect among all ethnic, racial, and religious groups, to discourage and prevent discrimination against any such group, or discrimination due to gender, age, handicap, or familial status, and to cooperate with federal, state and municipal agencies and non-governmental organizations with the purpose of effectuating its aims.
The Council appoints the nine members, each to three-year terms or until their successor has been appointed and qualified. The membership is to be broadly representative of the religious, racial, education, labor, civic, commercial, management, ethnic and governmental groups of the community. For additional information or if you would like to contact the commission please email staff liaison Sam Morris at email@example.com.
Current members (all appointed by Council):
- Thad McCullough (Chair), term expires February 16, 2024
- Helen Hurley (Vice-Chair), term expires February 16, 2024
- Lupe Mo (Secretary), term expires October 4, 2025
- Anthony Hammond, term expires March 15, 2024
- Virginia Hudson, term expires December 1, 2023
- Mindy Meadows, term expires February 16, 2024
- Charlene Traylor, term expires December 1, 2025
- Nina Woodson-Falls, term expires October 4, 2023
- Captain Mike Onka (Advisory Member)