Slovak Sister City Committee
The function of this committee is to actively support the Sister City Program of Sister Cities International and seek to establish a closer more lasting relationship with the City of Martin, Slovakia.
The committee shall consist of 14 members, evenly split between the cities of Independence, Missouri and Sugar Creek, Missouri, and may include members of the Czech Slovak Club of Greater Kansas City. Mayors of Independence and Sugar Creek, ex-officio, shall be included; and the remaining members shall be appointed by the respective City Councils for overlapping three terms; except that of the original members appointed to the committee, two shall be for a term of one year, six shall be appointed for a term of two years, and six shall be appointed for a term of three years; said members to serve upon this committee without compensation.
- Iveta Blahutova, term expires December 7, 2023
- Grace Kohan, term expires July 19, 2023
- Jana Mangnuson, term expires September 7, 2023
- Ross Marine, term expires December 7, 2023
- Robert Pavlovic, term expires December 7, 2023
- John Szturo, term expires July 19, 2023
- Sharon Valasek, term expires October 18, 2022